As Designers, there is the utmost need for Architects to recognize the prevalent hazards associated in the construction industry and how to reduce as low as practicable possible the risk associated with these hazard during the design stage of construction projects. It is to this end that Tru-Spec Safety Consult Limited hereby proposes to conduct a Construction Health Safety and Environment training program for members of The Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA) on Health, Safety and Environment issues as it relates to the construction industry.
Benefits of the course
• Enhanced productivity
• Improved and enhanced proficiency.
• Reduction in the number of illnesses, injuries, property damage, legal liability, illnesses, workers' compensation claims, and lost work time.
PROGRAM CONTENT & METHODOLOGY
The Construction HSE training course is a comprehensive program designed to provide complete information on a wide range of topics on HSE that reflects best practices in the construction industry. It also brings to fore HSE compliance issues in the construction industry. The training course is proposed to be carried out in 3 days to allow for interaction among participating members. The course will involve lecture presentations, syndicate group work, practical demonstrations DVD presentations and evaluation.
• Introduction to Construction HSE
• Overview of common Health and Safety hazards in the Construction Industry.
• Incidents: Causation, Investigation & Reporting.
• Fall Prevention & Protection.
• Electrical Safety.
• Fire Prevention & Protection.
• Construction First Aid.
• Environmental Awareness and Construction Housekeeping.
• Construction Safety Inspection.
• HSE Management System.
• Personal Protective Equipment & Life Saving Equipment.
• HSE Requirement in Design.